At the moment the main model of work arrangement dealing with construction of major industrial sites (power capacities, technological site) in the whole world is EPC. Within the framework of EPC-contract concluded between ROLT group and the client, the holding enterprises fulfil all the responsibilities dealing with implementation of the whole project implementation cycle and bear all risks dealing with construction of the site «in form of a turnkey project».
The contract cover all main stage of construction, namely: development of engineering solution, design, equipment supply and construction itself. The distinguishing feature of the contract relationship is hard price, not depending on possible risks of contingencies and expenses.
During contract implementation ROLT group as ЕРС-contractor undertakes to fulfil the following functions:
- Arrangement of plan document on construction of the site, including terms of work execution, decision on structure and technology of construction, installation, start-up process, design and process documents, calculations and drawings;
- Arrangement of works dealing with creation of design documents;
- Arrangement of all types of construction works;
- Arrangement of installation and start-up works;
- Arrangement of subcontractor works;
- Arrangement of logistical support;
- Control over observation of standards and requirements, complying with the Russian legislation;
- Provision of labour protection, environmental safety and fire safety;
- Claim settlement;
- Handover of site to the acceptance commission, as well as to the client as turnkey project;
- Risk insurance.
Such form of cooperation is really effective during implementation of construction site of non-standards (unique) type at industrial and power supply construction, as it provides the client with:
- hard price, fixed in ЕРС-contract;
- terms specified for commissioning of the site;
- achievement of basic technical characteristics of the site;
- full financial responsibility of ЕРС-contractor for exceeding/saving the cost estimate of the project.